Monday, July 6, 2015

Brain Farts



Urban Dictionary definition of Brain Fart: When you are attempting to remember something very obvious, something that you know you should know. This feeling often leads to head banging and hair pulling.


People, I have them all the time. Thank you JESUS they don't smell! If they did, I would have no friends, no one would want to be near me.  There would be an aura surrounding me.

Ultimately, they're a good thing.  They happen when I'm so excited and stimulated over the ideas in my head that my thoughts and speech become fragmented.  I start speaking David.  Creative ideas start coming to me faster than the speed of sound.  Folks, it's not easy sometimes, but holy shit is it fun. Some ideas stay, some deleted.  I start having what I call the Kaleidoscope Effect: twirling in my head as I'm looking at objects, trying to figure out how they will all fit.  Creating a composition, a living environment for my client that is pleasing to the eye and suitable for their lifestyle.  Highlighting their personal style.


Can you imagine this happening in your head? People, I have to tell you it's a thrill.  It can also be freaky.  But I've learned to deal.


When I do an installation, I usually prefer the client not be at home.  I warn them the day before: it's like a tornado.

Countdown! 


On your mark!


Get Set!


Let's GO!


Finish Line.

I'm so fortunate to be working in a field that I love so much.  My job's the shit.



Tommy Roe, "Dizzy"
"Dizzy, I'm so dizzy my head is spinning
Like a whirlpool it never ends"

SPINNING OFF

No comments: