Monday, March 9, 2015

Bird Watching


Totally not what this blog is about.

I've never been a designer that cares much for designer print fabrics.  I feel they have a tendency to date rooms and overpower the ambiance. They dictate color schemes, which I HATE.  I'm fearless with color and enjoy using it to set the mood and complement your art or pieces from your personal collection.  I much prefer using fabrics that settle into the environment and harmonize rather than dominate. Wools, silks, linens, flax, velvets, textured cottons, fabrics that are soothing and inviting.  Love plaids, tweeds and strips! Mohair makes me GOOSE-PIMPLY!

Probably the most hated of all: printed fabrics with birds. Throw in a bow and I'll have a coronary.  The two images shown below I find offensive.  Sweet. Floral. Old lady. 




LOVE Mrs. Doubtfire! Losing Robin was DEVASTATING! This gesture is meant for the fabrics above.


My favorite bird. 

Shooting the bird: To present your middle finger to someone as an act of defiance. (Flip off, fuck you, the finger, flipping the bird)

I really didn't need to give the definition.  We all know what it means.  Especially in the act of bad driving and road rage.  It's the only gesture we have to get our point across in that situation.

No one can shoot the bird like a Redneck.  Especially a mad Redneck chick!  We own it.  I believe we invented it.  We have been gracious, generous, and we have shared.  It is a world-known gesture.



Mr. Cash was serious. Well done Johnny!

I'm not flippin you off, but I sure do it.  A person must use restraint or it loses its meaning. I have this photograph in my phone.  There are times it MUST be texted.  There's also the version with no smile.

Johnny Cash - Walk The Line
"I keep my eyes wide open all the time
 I keep the ends out for the tie that binds."

No comments: