Monday, March 23, 2015

Daily Wonders: One

This title will get "Worn out."

Worn Out:
  1. Tired, exhausted.
  2. To use something to the point it becomes ragged/shoddy.
  3. A whippin'.
All of these definitions have applied to me.  Number one, daily.  Number two, many items I've owned (definitely vehicles when I'm fixin' to get rid of 'em).  Number three, occasionally by my mama, when I was bad.  Hard to believe that I could have ever been bad. Some of you probably think I need a whippin' pretty often. I don't disagree. I've often said I don't need an assistant. I need a mean but loving nanny. She could do the whippins' as needed!


Get it! "Wrong Way." No definition necessary.  I wish these words would appear inside my head in sign form when needed. Which is often! Maybe I would pay more attention.  I hear the voices, they just don't always resonate. I'm a visual dude. Could keep me out of a lot of trouble. Save a lot of time. 




US 69 is a noteworthy victim of sign theft because of the sexual connotation of its route number.  Wonder how much money is wasted because of this.  Length: 1,136 mi, from Texas to Minnesota.  That's a lotta sign-stealin' miles.  If I had a chance to buy one I would. What would I do with it?  Layin' money the perfect occasion would present itself for a great laugh. I actually travel this highway from time to time.  It just cracks me up that there is a chain of truck stops (sign pictured above) with this name along highway 69.  Wonder how many signs they lose a year? 


Gospel: something accepted or promoted as infallible truth or as a guiding principle or doctrine, ex. "took her words as gospel."  

FULL GOSPEL! I take it as "they left NOTHING out." Bet they think they're the only ones going to heaven.  Holier than thou? Makes me wonder just what goes on inside those walls?

This church is in north Texas. Church is serious in the bible belt. I moved from the bible belt. The belt didn't match my shoes.

There's a file system in my head.  Trust me, you don't want to know how it works.  I see things every day that make me laugh and give me inspiration. In the design world, the most unexpected thing can spark an idea that leads to a solution.

Five Man Electrical Band
"Signs"
"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign
Blockin' out the scenery, breakin' my mind"

1 comment:

Notes From Flanders said...

LOL! Oh, David! If we could only have signs or sound tracks to let us know what's up the turnpike of life!