Monday, April 27, 2015

Silly Stuff


We all fall guilty of having silly stuff and design trends in our homes. Calling them design is a stretch. Often they are impulse buys that make us laugh, smile, or have a meaning in our life for a moment. I have to tell you these stenciled windows drive me NUTS! HATE stenciled decorative SHIT!  Many times they are gifts from well meaning friends and family.  They become popular and the public is herded by retailers. I too fall guilty. It's important to learn how to use and edit them. 


A lot of this is perky Pollyanna bullshit. This Polly ain't so Pollyanna, she just wants to get drunk.



These are funny for a one-night affair.  Then what the fuck do you do with them?   A good one-night affair needs no souvenir to be remembered.



There are just no words for this stupid piece of shit. Just say it.

At their best, they are really greeting cards. Use as such. Editing this genre from your home would completely delete your sense of humor and daily flair. So lets discuss how we can have our cake and eat it too. I like cake! 

Have a space just for this kind of shit. In a more private area, create a small wall, maybe cover in cork so can move stuff around. If you're lucky enough to have the space, a closet is perfect, a 3D scrapbook.  Open the door, smile, laugh, remember why you purchased, who gifted you this crap.

Items like these can be brought out for party decorations or special effect at the right time. Please folks, these are not for permanent display. NOT OVER THE FIREPLACE !!!!!!!

Trust me I buy all kinds of this shit. People give me stuff all the time. I LOVE IT!


Two photos of my personal silly and nostalgic stuff, displayed where I can see everyday. The cavalier was given to me by a sweet friend, it's in my bathroom cabinet. I see it everyday and remember my sweet Milton and friend. The carnival plaster twirler girl also a gift from a friend, in the know. I always wanted to be a twirler girl (really, really bad). The toy clock I learned to tell time on. This stuff makes a house a home. We can find a place for these items. A place for everything and everything in its place.

Barbra Streisand
"Memories"

No comments: